The Undergraduate Certificate in Sports Business Leadership is not intended for School Leavers but is aimed at individuals who have been working in the Sport Industry for at least 2 years. This unique short course is designed to provide professional upskilling within the industry, allowing students to demonstrate the learning outcomes expressed as knowledge, skills, and the application of knowledge as a means to either attain the necessary skills to take on more responsibilities. Enquire now to learn more about this course, units and entry requirements.
Interested in commencing your study in 2020? Prioritise your enquiry with us below.
Course overview – Undergraduate Certificate in Sports Leadership Development
An overview of the Undergraduate Certificate in Sports Leadership Development.
About the course
The Undergraduate Certificate in Sport Leadership Development short course is designed to provide professional upskilling, employment and participation in lifelong learning to those that are either currently working in the business of sport or seeking employment within the industry. This Certificate would therefore allow the students to demonstrate the learning outcomes expressed as knowledge, skills and the application of knowledge as a means to either attain the necessary skills to take on more responsibilities and/or move into leadership positions or to re-engage in the industry in positions requiring key leadership knowledge and skills.
Important information about the Undergraduate Certificate in Sport Leadership Development which you can view, download or share. Learn more about the course schedule click here
- Course type
- Study mode
- Online learning
12 October 2020
FEE-HELP approved (for eligible domestic students – Australian citizens or Permanent Humanitarian visa holders)
Only $990. Save $6,182 for a limited time.
Payment plans & direct payment options available
Tuition payment arrangements must be confirmed upon admission to the college.
Course links and downloads
A snapshot of the Undergraduate Certificate in Sports Leadership Development
The full time course structure for the Undergraduate Certificate in Sport Leadership Development.
The course is divided into 2 x 6 week teaching periods with 2 units per teaching period. This course is intended for school leavers and mature age students who have at least 2 years of experience in the sports industry.
Sports Recreation and the Law
- In this unit students will develop an understanding of the legal environment within the context of sport both national and internationally. This preparation will allow students to conduct affairs and professional dealings with due diligence in light of the legal obligations and requirements relevant to sporting activities and organisations.
Leadership in Sports Business
- This unit critically explores the pathways and impediments to making responsible personal, professional and strategic decisions in ‘real-world’ sporting organisations. The unit aims to provide students with an understanding of leadership theories, competencies and skills and how they are applied in sports business. Students will use case studies from sporting leaders in Australia and abroad to analyse what makes an effective leader in sport and apply those skills and traits to the development of their own leadership style.
International Sports Business
- This unit aims to examine the international environment in which sport businesses operate and how management and leadership is similar and different across different jurisdictions. Using a series of case studies, the unit will discuss topics such as: international diplomacy, human rights and equality, sport as development aid, as well as the role of international organisations such as the International Olympic Committee, The Fédération Internationale de Football Association, the World Anti-Doping Agency and the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Research in Action (Sports Business)
- This unit is essentially concerned with developing a research perspective in students and an awareness of research methodologies and practices within an area of their expertise. Students will research discipline and methodological literature bases in order to develop a research proposal and carry out a small-scale investigation into an area of academic interest relating to some aspect of health, a sport, games, dance or sports business. Students will generate contemporary and relevant data from within, but not limited to, their own sport, sports team, sports club, sporting association or organisation or sports business.
Discover where a Undergraduate Certificate in Sports Leadership Development can take you.
- Students will develop the necessary skills to work professionally in careers in the sports industry. These roles may include Sports Administrators, Athlete Talent Managers, Sports Business Development Managers, Athlete Agents, Sports Consultant, Sports Business Research and Development Mangers, Sports . These roles can be in sports governing bodies, sports clubs, player associations government agencies and not-for-profit sports organisations.
Further study options
- Students who complete the undergraduate certificate will receive Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) credit towards the Bachelor of Sports Business (Leadership) – 4 units
We offer a convenient online application form for direct enrolment in to all of our degrees (Domestic students only).
ENROL BY PHONE
Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm AEDST
KNOW YOUR STUDY COMMITMENTS
Prior to commencing your study with us, please ensure you understand our intake & census dates, fee schedules, entry requirements and terms & conditions of study.