Applicants unable to meet the general admission requirements
Special Provision for Applicants unable to meet the General Admission Criteria
If you want to apply but are unable to meet the general admission requirements, you may apply to ACPE to be considered for provisional entry.
If you do not fully meet these requirements, you may be enrolled in an ACPE Foundation unit free of charge* for one semester (terms and conditions apply). In these instances, you may not enrol in any other units until you have passed the Foundation unit in the first semester. Once you have passed the first unit, you may then formally be accepted into the degree. You should be aware that if you are being considered for Provisional Admission, you may be requested to provide evidence that will demonstrate to the CEO and Dean’s satisfaction that you have a reasonable likelihood of success in your studies with the college. You may also be required to attend an interview with the CEO and Dean.
*Unpaid only available to students who completed their HSC in the previous year and are not yet considered mature age. For example, if you completed your HSC in 2019 and are not yet 21 years of age you can apply to undertake the non-award pathway. If you have recently completed your HSC in 2020 and are applying to study in Semester 1, 2021 you must pay for the pathway course.
Special circumstances considered in the determining of Provisional Admission, and the conditions of Provisional Admission, may include:
- Elite Athletes who can demonstrate that their training and/or competitive commitments have affected their academic achievement
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, in recognition of the past exclusion and current disadvantage in these people’s experience
- Educational disadvantage due to circumstances beyond your control. These disadvantages could relate to:
- Serious or chronic illness
- Disrupted education
- Lack of support for study
- Serious family problems
- Significant family responsibilities
You should also be aware that conditions, as determined by the CEO and Dean, would normally be attached to a provisional admission such as:
- You may be admitted as a non-award student for one or maximum 2 units with conditions. A non-award enrolment is not eligible for FEE Help. If you enrol and are able to pass the non-award unit(s) and meet the requirements, you can be considered for entry into the relevant degree
- You must undertake a reduced load in the first semester; and/or
- You may be restricted from enrolling in an online unit; and/or
- If you have been admitted on this basis you will only be permitted to attend a Professional Placement on successful completion of the first 4 units of study, which is the equivalent of one semester at a full-time load.