The Student Learning Services (SLS) is your resource centre for all things related to academic skills and success at ACPE. Studying for a degree can be a big step up and the SLS staff are here to make sure your transition to university study is as smooth and painless as possible.
We won’t do the work for you, but we will support you in planning, researching and writing your assignments. We can also give guidance and tips to help you cope with all the stresses and strains of university life.
If you are worried about presenting your work for assessment, don’t panic!
- Arrange 1-on-1 appointments (providing tailor-made advice and practice in any areas of concern)
- Give literacy feedback on drafts of your work before submission
- Make comments and suggestions that will help you develop skills to improve assignments
- Arrange phone or online consultations – if you aren’t able to come to campus
- Offer useful handouts regarding study skills, planners, academic reading and writing, spelling and punctuation and referencing.
Additionally, students from all disciplines and year levels are encouraged to visit the SLS Study Smart page, an online learning resource that features useful links, suggested texts, downloads, worksheets and writing guides, practice quizzes, and information about plagiarism and other major issues that pertain to student learning.
Students also have access to SMARTTHINKING – an online service that gives students 24 hour access to academic tutors and resources. Students can also receive personalised feedback on assessment tasks from academics.
To make an appointment or for more information, please email us at: email@example.com
Look forward to seeing you soon,
The SLS Team