Remember how at primary school every student looked forward to the one weekly PE class, where you’d get to play classics like poison ball or scarecrow tiggy, graduating on to rounders or softball before jumping into more competitive sports in high school?
While PE, or Physical Education, has changed a lot since the days of pastel tracksuits (although these are making a resurgence!) and spiky balls from K-Mart, what hasn’t changed is that everybody – no matter your age, background or where you live – loves to get physical.
Maybe you’ve been thinking about physical education and sports courses, a diploma in sports management, or sports administration courses.
Let ACPE help you make the right decision for your dream career in sport and physical education.
Here are five reasons why your next move should be enrolling in one of ACPE’s Physical Education degrees.
1. Choose from a range of Physical Education degree options
- Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education)
- Bachelor of Physical Activity for Health (Pathway to Education)
- Bachelor of Dance Education
- Bachelor of Sport Coaching (Strength & Conditioning)
- Bachelor of Sport Coaching (Management)
We’ll jump into these courses more below.
2. Our ACPE teaching staff are experts in their field
At ACPE, we put students at the centre of everything. That includes our teaching team. Our staff are leading experts in their fields, with a wide range of experiences in different disciplines.
Our team uses the latest teaching methods across theoretical, classroom, online and practical settings to give our students the best possible learning experience and to set our students up for career success. There are plenty of student stories we are incredibly proud of, such as Damien Cook who is now an Australian professional rugby league footballer or alumni like Belinda Sharpe who was selected to referee the women’s World Cup.
You can meet our faculty team here.
3. Student satisfaction surveys puts ACPE on top
Having been around since 1917, we know quite a bit when it comes to knowing what it takes to be a sport professional. But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what ACPE students said in the Australian Government Department of Education’s 2021 QILT (Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching), which includes the Student Experience Survey (SES).
Our students ranked ACPE:
- #1 for skills development in Education courses
- #1 non-university higher education institute for learning resources
- #3 for student support in Education
- #4 for teaching quality in Education courses
- #14 for overall student experience out of 126 education providers, two places ahead of Bond University.
We’re proud of these outstanding results, but we know that these results only come when we put our students front and centre of everything we do.
4. Get job ready with ACPE
ACPE’s Physical Education degrees get you job-ready. In fact, almost 90% of our graduates are employed after graduation.
Or maybe you’re looking to do some further study. ACPE’s Physical Education degrees can open the door to a huge range of postgraduate study and even more careers.
- Bachelor of Education (Physical & Health Education): four-year full-time degree (or part-time equivalent) with career options including a PDHPE (personal development, health and physical education) teacher, sports development officer, school sports coordinator, recreation office or youth worker, with a Masters of Education as a further study option.
- Bachelor of Physical Activity for Health (Pathway to Education): three-year full-time degree (or part-time equivalent) with career options including community engagement officer, health and wellbeing manager, sports development officer, and sports and recreation officer, as well as being a pathway degree with opportunity for transfer of credits for the above-mentioned Bachelor of Education (Physical Health and Education) or other further study options of public health, sport development and sports management.
- Bachelor of Dance Education: four-year full-time specialist degree (or part-time equivalent) with career options including a dance instructor or a PDHPE teacher.
- Bachelor of Sport Coaching (Strength & Conditioning): three-year full-time degree (or part-time equivalent) with career options including a sports coach (head or assistant), high performance manager, strength and conditioning coach or a sports administrator, and further study options including education, coaching research, business or a MBA (Master of Business Administration).
- Bachelor of Sport Coaching (Management): three-year full-time degree (or part-time equivalent) with career options including as a sports coach, high performance manager or sports development officer, and further study options including education, coaching research, business or a MBA (Master of Business Administration).
Perfect if you’re not quite sure where you want to take your career, if you just want to keep your options open or if you want to start working in the industry immediately with a view to further study down the track.
5. Real life industry training and networks, including with our Liverpool Football Club partnership
At ACPE, we know that practical experience and industry connections are not only vital for learning, they’re also vital to get our graduates job-ready. Classroom learning alone will not get you there.
That’s why all our Physical Education courses have practical, hands-on components as well as experience and training with industry leaders.
For example, our Bachelor of Sport Coaching (Strength & Conditioning) and Bachelor of Sport Coaching (Management) students get unrivalled access to industry leading experts and experiences through our partnership with the Liverpool Football Club International Academy, Wests Tigers and Hills Football – to name a few.
Kickstart your dream career in sport
So what are you waiting for? If you’ve thought about undertaking a degree or diploma sports or physical education could be the field for you! Kickstart your career and discover the endless opportunities of a Physical Education degree from ACPE, or get in touch with our friendly ACPE team.