The Bachelor of Sports Coaching (Management) is a specialised degree that fosters the coaching, management and professional skills necessary for a fulfilling career in the sports business.
It shares core elements of coaching techniques and pedagogy educating students in modern coaching and management principles increasingly encountered in the sports sector.
Interested in studying with ACPE?
A snapshot of the Bachelor of Sports Coaching (Management)
- Course duration
3 years full time or part time equivalent
- Study mode
Face to face with selected subjects available online
- Online learning
Selected subjects available online
Online subjects are taught with a viable cohort of students. If the cohort is not the right size for interactive learning students may be asked to attend on campus.
3 August 2020
8 March 2021
FEE-HELP approved (for domestic students)
Payment plans & direct payment available
Tuition payment arrangements must be confirmed upon admission to the college.
- Transfer credit
An applicant may apply for an assessment of their prior learning at the time of applying for entry to an award course of the college.
Course links and downloads
Important information about the Bachelor of Sports Coaching (Management) which you can view, download or share.
An overview of the Bachelor of Sports Coaching (Management).
About the course
The full time course structure for the Bachelor of Sports Coaching (Management).
The Bachelor of Sports Coaching (Management) can be completed in three years of full-time study. A maximum of eight years is allowed for students to complete the degree part-time. The course program is divided into six semesters, each of 12 weeks duration. Study involves approximately 16 contact hours a week (excluding examination and study weeks).
- Skill Acquisition
- Coaching Techniques and Pedagogy
- Administration for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy and Physiology
- Theory and Application of Coaching Sport
- Introduction to Performance and Exercise Psychology
- Introduction to Sports Business
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Strength and Conditioning
- Marketing for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Accounting for Managers
- Performance Analysis and Research in Coaching
- Governance and Policy in Sport and Recreation
- Sport and Human Resource Management
- Professional Communication
- Professional Integrity
- Sport Recreation and the Law
- Finance for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Inclusive Coaching
- Athlete Talent Identification and Development
- Youth Health and Resilience
- Event and Project Management
Discover where a Bachelor of Sports Coaching (Management) degree can take you.
With employment opportunities almost doubling for Sports Coaches and Specialist Managers, the future looks bright for our graduates. It doesn’t matter where your passion for sport takes you, as your qualification from ACPE will help make your dreams a reality.
- Chief executive officer
- Director of coaching
- Head & assistant coaches
- High performance manager
- Sports development officer
Further study options
- Education degrees
- Coaching research
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
Did you know?
By completing this degree you will also complete the following certifications:
- AFL Level 1 Youth and Senior Online Coaching Course
- AFL Introduction to Community Club ELearning
- AIS Community Coaching General Principles
- Match Fixing Awareness E-Learning Program, Australian Government
- ASADA Level 2 Anti-Doping Course 2017
- ASADA Anti-Doping Level 1 Course 2017
- ASCA Level 1 Course
We offer a convenient online application form for direct enrolment in to all of our degrees (Domestic students only).
ENROL BY PHONE
Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm AEDST
KNOW YOUR STUDY COMMITMENTS
Prior to commencing your study with us, please ensure you understand our intake & census dates, fee schedules, entry requirements and terms & conditions of study.