Look beyond fan-filled stadiums and the spectacle of competition and achievement and you’ll find organisations that drive business, laying the foundations for sporting success.
By growing your skills in areas such as marketing, events, operations, administration and management, this industry-recognised qualification in Sports Business (Leadership) will help you break into this dynamic world.
Perfect for passionate and ambitious students alike, this degree can be studied fully online or on campus – giving you more flexibility.
Interested in studying with ACPE?
A snapshot of the Bachelor of Sports Business (Leadership)
- Course duration
3 years full time or part time equivalent
- Study mode
Face to face
- Online learning
Online subjects are taught with a viable cohort of students. If the cohort is not the right size for interactive learning students may be asked to attend on campus.
2 March 2020
27 July 2020
FEE-HELP approved (for domestic students)
Payment plans & direct payment available
Tuition payment arrangements must be confirmed upon admission to the college.
- Transfer credit
An applicant may apply for an assessment of their prior learning at the time of applying for entry to an award course of the college.
Course links and downloads
Important information about the Associate Degree of Sports Business which you can view, download or share.
Important information about the Bachelor of Sports Business (Leadership) which you can view, download or share.
About the course
The knowledge covered in the Bachelor of Sports Business (Leadership) is based on the business operations of the sports environment – an environment that has transformed dramatically in the past 20 years to being a global field in which Australians have earned an enviable reputation for excellence.
ACPE is helping to build that reputation by delivering an innovative degree, taught by lecturers with demonstrated real-world expertise to their credit. As an emerging discipline, ACPE’s Bachelor of Sports Business (Leadership) brings concentrated focus to the commercial aspects of the sports industry.
You will learn about how sports businesses operate, with particular emphasis on marketing, management, and administration. Learning outcomes are maximised by the degree’s structure, which tests students’ skills and knowledge in order to emphasise the professional judgement necessary to succeed in the sports sector.
Major study areas
- Sports management and leadership
- Sports marketing and communications
- Sport and its social context
- Finance, accounting, and economics
The full time course structure for the Bachelor of Sports Business (Leadership).
ACPE’s Bachelor of Sports Business (Leadership) offers a concentrated focus on the commercial aspects of the sports industry. Key topics include sports management and leadership, sports marketing and communications, sport in a social context, and finance, accounting, and economics.
This is a 3 year full time or 6 year part time degree that can be delivered both on campus or fully online.
The Associate Degree serves as an exit point from the degree after two years (the core studies component) – students graduate with an Associate Degree in Sports Business.
- Introduction to Sports Business
- Sport and the Social Context
- Application of Maths and Statistics for Health and Sport
- Administration for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- IT in Sports Business Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Marketing for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Governance and Policy in Sport and Recreation
- International Sport Business
- Asset and Risk Management
- Sport Recreation and the Law
- Statutory Requirements for Sports Business
- Sport and Human Resource Management
- Health Policy and Politics
- Leadership in Sport Business
- Building Relationships in Sports Business
- Facility and Risk Management
- Public Relations and Media Management
- Finance for the Sport and Recreation Industry
- Research in Action (Sports Business)
- Economics for Sports Business
- Preparing for the Sport Industry of the Future
- Event and Project Management
- Entrepreneurship in the Sports Industry
Discover where a Bachelor of Sports Business (Leadership) degree can take you.
Feel confident about your career choice, when you study a Bachelor of Sports Business (Leadership) at ACPE. Want a career as a Sports Marketer? Perhaps you have your eye on an Event Manager position. Maybe working as an Athlete Manager is more your thing. Regardless of where you see yourself working within the sports industry, your qualification from ACPE will be your ticket to success.
- Sports Manager
- Sports Marketer
- Sports Event Manager
- Athlete Manager
Further study options
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- Sports Business Research
- Postgraduate studies in sports business
Did you know?
The Bachelor of Sports Business (Leadership) is one of three degrees that can be studied fully online at ACPE – meaning you can study from anywhere, anytime.
When studying in an online environment we aim to maximise your opportunities to interact with staff, like-minded students and materials as if you were on campus with us.
Our flexible online learning platform provides:
- Tailored content
- Flexible timetable options
- Personal support
- Anytime access to course materials & resources
We offer a convenient online application form for direct enrolment in to all of our degrees (Domestic students only).
ENROL BY PHONE
Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm AEDST
KNOW YOUR STUDY COMMITMENTS
Prior to commencing your study with us, please ensure you understand our intake & census dates, fee schedules, entry requirements and terms & conditions of study.