Are you curious about how the human body works and want to help others improve their general health and wellbeing through healthy lifestyle, physical activity and exercise?
This course is the perfect career pathway for those looking to enhance their knowledge and skills through further studies in the biomedical and professional health fields.
The Bachelor of Health Science and the major in Exercise will enable you to understand how the human body functions in response to exercise, physical activity and training and the foundations for health professional programs.
Interested in studying with ACPE?
A snapshot of the Bachelor of Health Science (Exercise)
- Course duration
3 years full time or part time equivalent
- Study mode
Face to face with selected subjects available online
- Online learning
Selected units available online for students enrolled in courses that are not fully online. Online units in these courses are taught with a viable cohort of students. If the cohort in these units is too small to ensure an optimal student experience, the College reserves the right to alter the delivery mode to on-campus or mixed mode.
8 March 2021
FEE-HELP approved (for domestic students)
Payment plans & direct payment available
Tuition payment arrangements must be confirmed upon admission to the college.
- Transfer credit
An applicant may apply for an assessment of their prior learning at the time of applying for entry to an award course of the college.
Course links and downloads
Important information about the Bachelor of Health Science (Exercise) which you can view, download or share.
An overview of the Bachelor of Health Science (Exercise).
About the course
The knowledge covered in the Bachelor of Health Science (Exercise) is based on the sciences behind health, physical activity and exercise.
This course allows you to develop a strong foundation in the application, implementation and evaluation of healthy lifestyles and exercise. You will build a broad understanding of biomedicine and exercise science fields while exploring the role of the sociocultural aspects that underpin lifestyle opportunities. You will also be introduced to strategies aimed at bringing about individual and community change.
The Bachelor of Health Science (Exercise) is divided into three major study areas.
- The Determinants of Health (Core) Stream introduces students to health promotion principles and provides an understanding of the social, psychological and cultural factors influencing general health and wellbeing.
- The Bioscience (Core) Stream provides a background in the structure and function of the human body and explores the concepts of exercise physiology.
- The Exercise (Major) Stream provides students with the knowledge in the science of exercise to optimise health, physical activity, and lifestyle management for all people.
The full time course structure for the Bachelor of Health Science (Exercise).
The Bachelor of Health Science (Exercise) degree can be completed in three years of full-time study. The degree program is divided into six semesters.
- Understanding Health
- Chemistry I
- Skill Acquisition
- Application of Maths and Statistics for Health and Sport
- Biology I
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy & Physiology
- Biochemistry and Nutrition
- Exercise Prescription Throughout The Lifespan
- Professional Integrity
- Systems Anatomy & Physiology
- Applied Exercise Physiology
- Strength and Conditioning
- Principles of Health Promotion
- Health, Lifestyle Disease and Exercise Prescription
- Sports Medicine
- Raising Health Awareness
- Human Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
- Functional Anatomy
- Research Design and Epidemiology
- Nutrition, Health and Sporting Performance
- Advanced Training Principles and Exercise Prescription
- Health and Physical Assessments
Discover where a Bachelor of Health Science (Exercise) degree can take you.
- Exercise Scientist
- High Performance Sport Advisor
- Laboratory Technician
- Rehabilitation consultant
- Sport and Exercise Researcher
Further study options
- Exercise Physiologist
- Occupational therapist
Did you know?
ACPE’s Bachelor of Health Science (Exercise) course has been developed to meet the ever-increasing demand for expertise in the Health and Exercise Science sector.
In Australia, job growth in the health industry is strong and continues to grow as the expected increase on demands of the healthcare system caused by an ageing population and the increased prevalence of lifestyle-related disease places ACPE graduates in high demand by employers.
The degree is made up of the following courses:
- Foundational science
- Functional anatomy and exercise physiology
- Motor control
- Health promotion
- Exercise prescription and preparation
We offer a convenient online application form for direct enrolment in to all of our degrees (Domestic students only).
ENROL BY PHONE
Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm AEDST
KNOW YOUR STUDY COMMITMENTS
Prior to commencing your study with us, please ensure you understand our intake & census dates, fee schedules, entry requirements and terms & conditions of study.